Thursday, April 27, 2017

Special Edition: Evan Millner at Patreon

I'll have a regular edition of the Bestiaria tomorrow, but I wanted to share here today an email I received from Evan Millner, whose work I have watched and admired for many (MANY) years now. He is using Patreon to support his work, and I am guessing some readers of this blog might be interested in Evan's new home on the Internet. I've pasted in Evan's email below:


For those of you who have not yet heard, on April 14th 2017, Latinum moved to Patreon; https://www.patreon.com/latinum

Following mypodcast.com ceasing trading in 2010, the Latinum Podcast was homeless, and went into hibernation. As you may know, some materials were still available on Payloadz, but I was no longer regularly creating and uploading new materials.

This is all changing!

What is Patreon? Patreon is a type of crowd-funding website, for funding ongoing projects (unlike Kickstarter, which is for big one-off projects).

You can become a patron for $1 or more (you decide) per month; this gives you access to the entirety Latinum's extensive, and growing Latin Streaming Catalogue, which you can find here:
https://www.patreon.com/posts/index-to-latinum-8810343

I have now transferred the bulk of my audio material onto Patreon's site; including material not previously released; there are already regular releases of new recordings.

I have also set up a download catalogue.

For downloads (the kind of download that is also available on Payloadz) there is a higher tier for access to the download catalogue. (This, of course, also gives access to the streaming catalogue).

I am pleased that the number of patrons is growing fast.

If you have not already signed up, would you consider becoming a patron? The funds from my patrons will help me set aside time for working regularly on Latin recording and production; if it goes very well, possibly even as my main activity.

You can find Latinum on Patreon at:
https://www.patreon.com/latinum

Please consider becoming a supporter.

Kind regards,

Evan